Sunday, July 5, 2009

Survival Guide 4 Rainbow Moms: a Big Success on Facebook

I am totally blown away by the response in such a short amount of time to the new Facebook Group that has been set up to support this blog. The Moms and Carers who have introduced themselves and shared their stories in such a positive way gives me those good feeling goosebumps. Thank you to all the people who have joined.

One Mom has shared poems that she has written about her beautiful daughter with us and has given me permission to publish them on my blog. Her it is...

Excuse me, She's Autistic

In the store we wait in line
I and my cinderella girl of mine
She spins, twirls, and her hands make gestures
All in her light blue cinderella gown
Other mothers are there
The glares have began
Do they not know how precious she is?
How much love is contained in her little body?
Just twirling to get out?
My child is getting loudershrill sound pierce the air
The glares demand wordsMy declaration:
"Excuse me she's Autistic".
Faces relax -but the glares remain
We move up in line
Why can't we in life
Somehow there has to be compromise
How I long for acceptance for my cinderella girl of mine.

Angela Utley, Tulsa, OK

Thank you Angela for allowing me to share your poem with everyone.

God bless all our Rainbow Moms and Carers. The world is a better place for having you.

Love Allison xxx

No comments: