Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Oh No....I've Turned into a Screaming Mother...DOH!!!


Just wondering.... does anyone know where in the world nannies and cleaners grow from trees??? When you tell me, I'm moving there!!


Does anyone feel the same as me? I just can't stand the constant screaming in my ear. You can't have one single day without screaming.. and lots of it. My boys just scream for the sake of it, scream at each other and scream at me, Shane & Kristie. If only there was a little fairy in the house to keep the kids occupied so they don't scream while you are trying to get things done.


I said to my husband tonight that I can't believe I have turned into a screaming mother. Never, ever, ever thought that would be me because when we only had Krisite, our house was as quiet as a mouse. I know for sure that's not what the neighbors think!!!


I have had Jacob home for a week now and Aaron home since Saturday for various reasons. It is way too long. Can't imagine home schooling them. I would end up in the nut house in 2 weeks - not a second longer LOL!


HAPPY RAINBOWS :-)

Allison

3 comments:

Tara Brown said...

I know exactly what you mean :( Some days I feel like all I have said to Izzy is "no" or "stop!" At one point Isaiah used to walk around saying "No isaiah, stop isaiah" (delayed echolalia). Really broke my heart. But it made me pay attention to my interactions with him and forced me to find things to praise, even if it was just "good job sitting" when in the car.

I now make sure I praise him for every good little thing he does - "good being gentle with your brother," "good playing dinosaurs." And now he walks around echoing 'good boy!" But there are still those hard days when I lose the plot and scream like a banshee (poor kids!).

Rainbowlandautismservices said...

Tara... we have so much to feel guilty for don't we?? Don't be hard on yourself, you are doing a fantastic job. I totally know what you mean though. I harbor the same feelings of guilt in addition to the other million feelings of guilt I carry around on my shoulders every day. God help us to all release the guilt!!!

Velvet Martin said...

There is enormous stress on care-givers and that is why Family-Centred Care Practice is so vital. Re-vamping how 'we' perceive care-giving when so many families are faced with providing daily care in special circumstances; whether it may be a youth with Autism or an aging parent. Persons caring for loved ones must be partnered with health care advisors to deliver quality ... See Moreof skills. Persons who are dealing with matters on a daily basis know their loved one best and must be considered a reputable source of information. For some professionals, this is a concept that brings a bit of hesitation and will require education to assure that it is a positive measure. It is much more practical and feasible to partner with families rather than operate as separate entities.
Velvet
Administrator for Tetrasomy 18p Canada
http://www.tetrasomy18p.ca/
"Samantha's Syndrome"